Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pic and a Poem #2

 
 
 
 
 
 
 A world of green and bird songs
   fills me with the word holy
  oh, sacred temple of the wild
  I stand in awe of your beauty  
    we are all a part of you

    When I feel lost I come
          sit on the soil
     with all my trouble
           my longing
           my despair
     I cast my teary gaze
     up into your blessed
     canopy of branches
      I find myself and
            I find us,
           the world,
      I remember like
       a soft breeze
     or a bolt of clarity
      set into the open
       my becoming
            arrives


Today I wrote this, and then I thought, this being a total experiment for me I might add notes about how I am feeling about it, challenges and triumphs that I might face. Right now I wonder, will I be able to sustain it, and for how long? I wonder if I will be able to successfully detach from the need for views, likes, external approval. Can I make some real shift around my tendency toward fearful strictness and perfectionism? It is an inquiry, and today I succeeded in presenting an offering from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment