Thursday, December 7, 2017

Split

Living with trauma.

Wounds that stay tender.

Sometimes they split open even after many years.

They bleed.

I am not exceptional in this experience. It is common, though extremely diverse. We all share this wounded way of living in some way, or I feel we do.

I am only exceptional perhaps in my willingness to give it a voice, publically, unapologetically. I am not the only one doing that, but we are not the norm.

To stay with our pain with tenderness and compassion is to be split open. It is deep acknowledment of a rich and sacred part of being human.

This is not wallowing or reistance to healing. This is being together in honesty. This is being real. This is the healing, to stay with each other and hold each other as we bleed.

May we not be split apart, but split open, just as seeds split so they can grow. May we stay and grow these hearts again and again, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment