Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Healing

When I let go of the notion that healing is about being fixed, restored to an unblemished state, scarless and pure, unbroken, then I feel that true healing is possible and available.

I have come to see how constructs of purity exist all around me, and around all of us, and how harmful and oppressive they are.

We are not pure, it is unobtainable. We can strive to be and do better, but purity is a ploy. It is a lie. Worst of all it is used to degrade ourselves and others. It tears us apart as individuals and collectives. It is a form of violence.

Purity dogmas are ruthless and unforgiving. They offer no redemption, only judgment, and punishment.

I embrace the path of being broken open, of being a wounded healer, the way of compassion, integrity, and love.

I welcome anyone to join me here. We all are included. We all are worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment