Monday, November 27, 2017

Giving

Thanksgiving just passed and my energy is pulled toward considerations of the latter part of the word.

Giving.

What do I give? Is it what I should be giving? Are my motivations clean and clear? What is my impact?

I have given large parts of myself to bringing up others. It seems selfless looking at it from certain angles, but looking from the portal of my own heart's truthful acknowledgment I see it has been earnest, and intentioned from love, but flawed. Because I am flawed.

Giving is not pure. It is complicated and nuanced and sometimes it is harmful.

It is important to acknowledge harm we have done when we get clear vision to see it, or it is told to us. We must learn to soften around being people who do harm even in our best intentioned giving.

Forgiveness is not easy and sometimes not possible. The healing power of forgiveness requires the vulnerability to be honest and know none of us are innocent of doing harm.

Perhaps the best giving I can do right now is this acceptance and statement of being both someone who gives and loves, as well as being someone who does harm intentionally and unintentionally, and seek a way to forgive myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment