Monday, May 25, 2015

For My Teacher a Poem of Love


This poem is dedicated to the memory of my spiritual teacher and mentor, Vidya Carolyn Dell'uomo, the path of love she put me on, the teachings of Swami Kripalu and my beloved Acharya family. May we all awaken to our true nature which is pure and infinite love.


poetry fails me today
there is no combination of words
among the infinite possibilities
that can approach
the subtlety or the enormity
of what you have meant to me

only the purist music
played on heartstrings
fingers of angelic grace
learning the language of light
that lives inside light
 signals that require new senses

i reach for your presence there
in the soft quality of
breath upon breath
this world and its own waves
inside myself
at the center of my heart
the pulse of divinity herself
infinitely dancing

you are the one word
unexplainable and essential
that lifts all others
as it raises the rooftops
of heaven and earth
held in the palm of God's hand
and offered

love

more than a word
a prayer uttered into
the cosmos creating
all creation
beyond birth
beyond death

love

you are that word
falling from the lips
of true source
over and over
each time a rung
on the ladder we climb
returning us
to the heaven that we are





No comments:

Post a Comment